Purdue University Global | Human Services Certificate in Child and Family Services
Purdue University Global's Human Services Certificate in Child and Family Services is designed to provide students with the basic human services skills needed to serve children and families in need. Read more about the courses and content available in Purdue University Global's child and family services certificate.
Official Program Name:
Human Services Certificate in Child and Family Services
School Offering Program:
Purdue University Global
This certificate program is designed for students who have an interest in helping others. Applicants to Purdue University Global should have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent; some programs may have additional admissions requirements.
Launch or advance your career in the child and family welfare field, and make an impact in societal systems such as schools, health care, the economy, or criminal justice. Complete the certificate's eight courses 100% online, on your schedule.
• Program Highlights: Study topics such as prevention, crisis intervention, case management, child and family welfare, and child and adolescent development.
• Career Opportunities: Social and human services assistant or social and community service manager in a wide range of settings such as government, nonprofit, state, or private sector organizations
• Foundation for a Degree: Get a head start on your associate's or bachelor's. You can transfer the courses from your certificate into a Purdue Global undergraduate degree.*
Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement. This program was not designed to lead to certification or licensure as a social worker or counselor in any specific state, and Purdue Global makes no representations or warranties as to whether the degree or any individual courses meet such requirements. Refer to the University Catalog for additional information.
*The University cannot guarantee that students will be granted admission to any future programs. Speak to an Advisor about transfer credit opportunities and see the University Catalog for the Prior Learning Assessment policy.
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Purdue University Global's financial aid office for more information.
* The University cannot guarantee that students will be granted admission to any future programs. Speak to an Advisor about transfer credit opportunities and see the University Catalog for the Prior Learning Assessment policy.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for the Human Services Certificate in Child and Family Services:
The certificate in child and family services requires the completion of 8 major courses for a total of 43 credits. No electives or general education courses are included in this undergraduate certificate. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Purdue University Global to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Child and Family Services Major Courses (43 credits)
- College Composition I
- Human Services Program and Profession
- Applied Skills for Human Services
- Prevention and Crisis Intervention
- Case Management in Human Services
- Child Welfare and Family
- Studies in Child and Adolescent Development
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of Purdue University Global's Human Services Certificate in Child and Family Services may want to consider pursuing a bachelor's degree in human services. Completing a bachelor's degree might help open the door to more career options or help students who wish to pursue a career in a specific field of human services. Bachelor's degree options can include the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Human Services in Youth/Family Services and Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addictions
The Human Services Certificate in Child and Family Services is designed to provide the key skills needed to work with children and families in the field of human services. The courses offered in this program could provide the necessary tools to support individuals through government programs or nonprofit agencies. Some entry-level positions that could be pursued after earning this certificate include:
- Social and community service manager
- Social and human service assistant
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!