Northcentral University | MS in Organizational Leadership - General Organizational Leadership
Northcentral University's Master of Science in Organizational Leadership with a specialization in General Organizational Leadership allows students advance their leaderships skills while taking elective courses tailored towards their individual career goals. Learn more about this master's degree program here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Science in Organizational Leadership with a specialization in General Organizational Leadership
School Offering Program:
Before enrolling in NCU's Master of Science in Organizational Leadership program with a specialization in General Organizational Leadership, students should have an interest in growing their leadership skills. They may also have some business administration experience as well as strong problem-solving and communications skills. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution; some programs may have additional requirements.
Students enrolled the Master of Science in Organizational Leadership program with a specialization in General Organizational Leadership are able to evaluate their own leadership skills while also learning how to use them to contribute to the health of an organization. The foundational courses cover a variety of leadership strategies and theories as well as the process for ethical decision-making, analyzing data, managing change, and crisis communications. Students can select three specialization courses that best match their professional goals. These courses cover topics ranging from public administration and health care ethics to criminal justice administration and human resources management.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loans or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Science in Organizational Leadership with a specialization in General Organizational Leadership:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Foundation Requirements (21 credits)
- MSOL 5000: Leadership Development and Practice
- MSOL 5102: Ethics and Decision Making
- MSOL 5103: People, Processes, and Organizational Health
- MSOL 5104: Leadership: Change, Crises, and Communication
- MSOL 5105: Leadership and Organization Strategy
- MSOL 5106: Understanding Data
- MSOL 5110: Capstone Professional Project
General Organizational Leadership Specialization Courses (9 credits)
- Students select three courses from the following:
- MSOL 5111: Introduction to Public Administration
- MSOL 5112: Public/Government Relations
- MSOL 5113: Quality Management in Public Administration
- MSOL 5201: Introduction to Criminal Justice
- MSOL 5202: Current Issues in Law Enforcement
- MSOL 5203: Survey of Forensic Sciences
- MSOL 5301: Health Care Legal and Ethical Issues
- MSOL 5302: Health Care Policy Analysis and Development
- MSOL 5303: Comparative Health Care Systems
- MSOL 5701: Project Risk Management
- MSOL 5702: Earned Value Project Management
- MSOL 5703: Management, Leadership and Team Building in the Project and Program Environment
- MSOL 5801: The Nonprofit Sector: History, Trends, and Theories
- MSOL 5802: Nonprofit Strategic Management and Leadership
- MSOL 5803: Philanthropy and Fundraising in Nonprofits
- MSOL 5804: Nonprofit Board Governance and Management
- MSOL 5901: Recruitment and Human Resources Information Systems
- MSOL 5902: Supervisory Concepts and Practices
- MSOL 5903: Legal Issues in Human Resources Management
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of the Master of Science in Organizational Leadership program with a specialization in General Organizational Leadership who wish to continue their education could enroll in a related doctoral degree program. They may choose a program in organization leadership in order to prepare for postsecondary teaching, research or advanced leadership positions, or students could elect to enroll in a program in a different specialty area, such as project management or public administration. Some of the programs graduates could consider include:
- Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership
- Ph.D. in Business Administration - Public Administration
- Doctor of Business Administration - Human Resource Management
- Doctor of Business Administration - Nonprofit Management
Upon completion of this organizational leadership graduate program, graduates could be prepared for greater responsibilities in their current roles or to seek leadership roles in a variety of settings, including private businesses, government agencies, healthcare facilities, non-profit organizations, and more. They could oversee areas of operations, human resources, organizational development, product development, or strategic planning. Possible job options include:
- Director of Operations
- Organizational Manager
- Business Entrepreneur
- Human Resources Manager
- Organizational Consultant
- Corporate Trainer
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!