Grand Canyon University | BS in Applied Management
Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Applied Management program is designed to offer skills and ideas to working professionals that they can immediately apply in their professional field or organization. Read here to learn more about the Bachelor of Science in Applied Management at Grand Canyon University.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Applied Management
School Offering Program:
Grand Canyon University
The Bachelor of Science in Applied Management program at Grand Canyon University is intended for those who are interested in developing real-world management and leadership skills.
Students enrolled in Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Applied Management program have the opportunity to study ethical and servant leadership, individual and group behavior in business, and human resource management. They can also learn about the relationship between innovation and long-term competitiveness, how to develop and implement organizational change, and managerial accounting. Designed to give students real-world management and leadership skills, the program also requires an action research project.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid, including loan, grants, and scholarships, is available to qualifying students. Students can find out about scholarships and other financial aid opportunities from a Grand Canyon University Enrollment Counselor.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Applied Management:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Grand Canyon University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Applied Management Major
- PSC 410: Servant Leadership (4 credits)
- PSC 420: Organizational Behavior and Management (4 credits)
- AMP 434: Human Resources (4 credits)
- AMP 415: Financial Decision Making (4 credits)
- AMP 425: Marketing Environment (4 credits)
- AMP 435: Intrapreneurship and Innovation (4 credits)
- AMP 492: Organizational Change and Development (4 credits)
- PSC 450: Project Management (4 credits)
- PSC 495: Action Research Project
- This must be the final course taken in the program.
- University Foundations (4 credits)
- Effective Communication (9-12 credits)
- Includes at least 3 credits in English grammar or composition
- Christian Worldview (4 credits)
- Critical Thinking (11-12 credits)
- Includes at least 3 credits in college-level mathematics
- Global Awareness, Perspectives, and Ethics (6-8 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Applied Management program may wish to continue their education in a master's program in business, leadership or other related area. A master's program may prepare them for careers in business or as entrepreneurs.
Possible master's degrees include, but are not limited to:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration with an emphasis in Leadership
- Master of Business Administration Strategic Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration in Accounting
- Master of Science in Leadership
Since the Bachelor of Science in Applied Management at Grand Canyon University is not an industry-specific degree, graduates can explore entry-level management jobs in a variety of business related fields. Graduates will be able to apply leadership and management skills learned from the program into industries of their interest.
Possible entry-level management positions graduates could pursue include:
- Human resource manager
- Retail store manager
- Hotel manager
- Marketing manager
- Self-employed entrepreneur
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!