Grand Canyon University | Bachelor of Science in Business Information Systems
Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Business Information Systems program is designed to help students build managerial skills and develop an understanding of business systems development and implementation. Read on for more details about this undergraduate degree program.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Business Information Systems
School Offering Program:
Grand Canyon University
An academic background in computers and business could be beneficial prior to starting this program. Prospective students should have a basic knowledge of fundamental computer systems and applications. Applicants to Grand Canyon University should have a high school diploma or equivalent; some programs may have additional requirements.
From business fundamentals to systems administration and management, the Bachelor of Science in Business Information Systems program at Grand Canyon University is designed to provide a broad education in practices and processes that help businesses create, integrate, and implement crucial information systems. Students might learn about different types of networks and how they work, operating systems, computer architecture, database structures, object-relational databases, business application programming languages, and systems and software integration practices. They might also study the steps of IT project management, system development life cycle, systems implementation processes, and IT governance. Courses might also address operations management, accounting, marketing, and business economics.
Online and on-campus
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Grand Canyon University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Business Information Systems:
Students of this BS degree program must complete 72 credits in the major area of study, 34-40 general education credits, and 8-14 open elective credits. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Grand Canyon University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Core Courses (72 credits)
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Introduction to Computer Science and Information Technology
- Introduction to Marketing
- Platforms and Network Technologies
- Business Statistics
- IT Project Management
- System Administration and Maintenance
- Introduction to Database Structures
- Essentials of Economics
- Relational Databases for Business Applications
- Organizational Behavior and Management
- Fundamentals of Business Finance
- Information Systems Design and Development
- Object-Oriented Programming for Business
- IT Governance and Ethics
- Enterprise Systems Integration
- Strategic Information Systems Management
- Production/Operations Management
Elective Courses (8-14 credits)
- Open electives
General Education (34-40 credits)
- University Foundations, including one or more of the following:
- Success in Science
- University Success 103
- University Success 303
- University Success in the College of Education
- Effective Communication, including one or more of the following:
- 21st Century Skills: Communication and Information Literacy
- English Composition I
- English Composition II
- Christian Worldview, including both of the following:
- Christian Worldview 101
- Christian Worldview 301
- Critical Thinking, including one of more of the following:
- Intermediate Algebra (or higher)
- Applications of College Algebra
- College Mathematics
- 21st Century Skills: Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Environmental Science
- Global Awareness, Perspective, and Ethics, including one or more of the following:
- U.S. History Themes
- General Psychology
- Everyday Sociology
Furthering Your Education:
Students who have successfully completed the BS in Business Information Systems at Grand Canyon University could choose to further expand their technical skills and business knowledge by entering a master's degree program. A graduate degree could be necessary for advancement to senior management or executive positions in corporate IT departments.
Master's degree options for graduates include (but are not limited to):
- Master of Science in Business Analytics
- Master of Science in Information Technology Management
- Master of Business Administration
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Business Information Systems program might have built the managerial skills and knowledge of business systems necessary to pursue administrative or mid-management positions in a corporate setting. They might seek positions where they oversee areas of systems development, database management, network integration, or systems maintenance.
Positions graduates could be able to pursue include:
- Database administrator
- Network systems administrator
- Computer systems analyst
- Information systems manager
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!