Full Sail University | BS in Software Development (Online)
Students of Full Sail University's online Bachelor of Science in Software Development program could learn about software design, testing, and implementation processes as well as various computer systems and architectures. Read more information about this BS in Software Development program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Software Development
School Offering Program:
Full Sail University
A strong understanding of basic computer applications and functions and above-average analytical and critical-thinking skills are a plus for students seeking to enroll in this software development bachelor's degree program. All applicants to Full Sail University should have a high school diploma or equivalent; some programs may have additional requirements.
From basic programming concepts to software architecture processes, Full Sail University's Bachelor of Science in Software Development program is designed to cover all aspects of software creation. Courses might address such topics as application testing, product usability, data modeling, and systems programming. Other courses cover operating systems, computer architecture, data structures, and networks. Hands-on learning experiences are offered throughout the program through a series of project and portfolio courses, allowing students to create applications and participate in team software projects involving the completion of documentation and implementation features.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal grants; military aid; and federal, state, and private lending programs. Contact Full Sail University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for the Bachelor of Science in Software Development
This 120-credit program consists of 26 courses, seven project and portfolio classes, and seven career modules. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Full Sail University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Software Development Major Courses (120 credits)
- Creative Presentation
- Psychology of Play
- Technology in the Entertainment and Media Industries
- English Composition I*Discrete Mathematics
- Programming I
- Programming II
- Systems Programming
- Project and Portfolio I: Computer Science
- Career Module I: Personal Branding
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Linear Algebra
- Software Engineering
- Applied Human-Computer Interaction
- Project and Portfolio II: Computer Science
- Career Module II: Career Research
- Project and Portfolio III: Computer Science
- Career Module III: Resume Fundamentals
- Digital Logic
- Computer Organization and Architecture
- Operating Systems
- Information and Database Systems
- Wearable Computing
- Software Test and Quality Assurance
- Project and Portfolio IV: Computer Science
- Career Module IV: Career Strategy and Planning
- Computer Networks
- Data Visualization and Modeling
- Machine Intelligence Systems
- Project and Portfolio V: Computer Science
- Software Architecture
- Historical Archetypes and Mythology
- Project and Portfolio VI: Computer Science
- Software Integration
- Project and Portfolio VII: Computer Science
- Career Module V: Networking
- Career Module VI: Resume Writing
- Career Module VII: Job Interview
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of the BS in Software Development program could further their technical skills and knowledge by pursuing a graduate degree. A master's degree in this field of study might explore information about software engineering, software analysis, and interactive design in more depth and could be required by some companies for advancement to upper management positions.
Master's degrees graduates might be prepared to pursue include:
- Master of Science in Software Engineering
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- Master of Science in Information Technology with a specialization in Software Development
Positions in corporate IT departments, software engineering firms, or technical consulting firms might be open to graduates of Full Sail University's Bachelor of Science in Software Development program. Graduates might possess the skills needed to become involved in areas of software design, project management, software testing, systems analysis, or integration processes.
Job titles that graduates might be assigned include:
- UI developer
- Software engineer
- Computer applications engineer
- Software architect
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!