Columbia Southern University | BSBA in Finance
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Finance program at Columbia Southern University gives students the opportunity to learn about finance and business management. Find out more about this fully online bachelor's degree program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Finance
School Offering Program:
Columbia Southern University
Prospective students considering the BSBA in Finance program at Columbia Southern University may have an interest in the banking and finance industries as well as strong math and problem-solving skills. All applicants must have high school diploma or equivalent; some programs may have additional admissions requirements.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree program with a concentration in finance offered by Columbia Southern University is designed for individuals who want to study the financial aspects of business administration in preparation for careers in management. Students can develop skills in problem solving, business leadership, and managerial decision making through general business courses in areas like marketing, human resources, information systems management, and business ethics. Specialization courses allow students to focus on financial topics, such as microeconomics, financial institutions, and corporate accounting. Additional courses allow students to learn more about international aspects of finance, economics, legal operations, and trade.
Total Credits Required:
120 semester hours
Financial Aid Available:
Columbia Southern University students may be eligible for federal financial aid, including student loans and grants. Students could also qualify for institution or private scholarships, military benefits, or institutional finance plans. Contact the university for further information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Finance:
The BSBA program with a concentration in finance includes a combination of major and concentration courses as well as general education and elective courses. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Columbia Southern University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Major Courses (36 credits)
- BBA 2010: Introduction to Business (3 credits)
- BBA 2201: Principles of Accounting (3 credits)
- BBA 3201: Principles of Marketing (3 credits)
- BBA 3210: Business Law (3 credits)
- BBA 3301: Financial Management (3 credits)
- BBA 3551: Information Systems Management (3 credits)
- BBA 3651: Leadership (3 credits)
- BBA 4751: Business Ethics (3 credits)
- BBA 4951: Business Policy and Strategy (3 credits)
- BHR 3352: Human Resource Management (3 credits)
- Two 3000-4000 or upper-level business administration courses (6 credits)
Finance Concentration Courses (12 credits)
- Students choose four of the following:
- BBA 2301: Principles of Accounting II (3 credits)
- BBA 2501 - Microeconomics (3 credits)
- BBA 4201 - Financial Institutions (3 credits)
- BBA 4301 - International Finance (3 credits)
- BBA 4351 - International Economics (3 credits)
- BBA 4446 - International Legal Operations (3 credits)
- BBA 4653 - International Trade (3 credits)
General Education Requirements (36 credits)
- 6 credits of Humanities and Fine Arts courses
- 9 credits of Social and Behavioral Sciences courses
- 6 credits of Natural Sciences courses
- 3 credits of Mathematics courses
- 6 credits of History courses
- 6 credits of English Composition courses
Electives (36 credits)
- Students must complete 36 credits hours of courses that have not been used to meet other requirements.
Furthering Your Education:
After earning their Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in finance from CSU, students could decide to continue their education through a related master's degree or certificate program. Graduate programs may offer students advanced training in business and finance areas that could help them prepare for management or leadership positions. Related graduate programs include:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration with a Finance Concentration
- Graduate Certificate in Finance
Potential Career Paths:
Columbia Southern University's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Finance program can help students prepare for a variety of entry-level careers related to finance and money management within a variety of businesses. Their duties might encompass researching and developing financial solutions for an organization as well as assisting businesses with administering and managing funds. Some positions related to this program include:
- Business manager
- Sales manager
- Administrative services manager
- Management analyst
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!