Students in or near Youngstown, Ohio, can choose from a diverse blend of 2- and 4-year public and private schools, including some technical centers. Using information obtained from the National Center for Education Statistics you can learn here about the schools' proximity, student population, net price, and graduation rates.
Closest Schools to Youngstown, Ohio
Most of the schools located nearest Youngstown, Ohio, offer certificate courses and undergraduate programs. If you decide to study within 8 miles of the city, then you can choose from among the schools included below.
- Choffin Career and Technical Center (1.1 miles from downtown)
- Youngstown State University (1.2 miles from downtown)
- American National University-Youngstown (2.6 miles from downtown)
- Mahoning County Career and Technical Center (7.3 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Youngstown, Ohio
Youngstown State University, a public institution, has the largest student population in Youngstown, Ohio. In Fall 2018, the total number of students enrolled there was 12,607, the majority of whom are undergraduates that comprise 11,442 students. The remaining schools with the largest student population are also predominantly public (primarily associate) institutions.
- Kent State University at Trumbull (2,244 students: all undergraduates)
- Kent State University at Salem (1,697 students: all undergraduates)
- Choffin Career and Technical Center (86 students: all undergraduates)
Schools with Lowest Net Price
To determine a school's net price, the NCES subtracts the average amount of grant or scholarship aid full-time undergraduate students receive from the estimated total cost of attendance. Most of the mainstream colleges and universities within 25 miles of Youngstown have net annual prices below $12,000. Included in this list are the institutions with the lowest net prices during the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Kent State University at Trumbull ($7,596)
- Kent State University at Salem ($7,730)
- Columbiana County Career and Technical Center ($10,494)
- ETI Technical College ($10,525)
- Youngstown State University ($11,616)
Schools with Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES determines overall graduation rates by identifying the number of full-time beginning undergraduates who complete their programs within 150% of 'normal' time (e.g., three years for an associate's degree). Traditional schools in the Youngstown area had graduation rates as high as 96%, and those included below are four of the institutions with the highest graduation rates in 2013.
- Choffin Career and Technical Center (96%)
- Trumbull Career & Technical Center (76%)
- Mahoning County Career and Technical Center (90%)
- Columbiana County Career and Technical Center (83%)
Depending on your educational needs and goals, there are a number of school options in Youngstown, Ohio.