Woodbridge and the nearby areas have a wide array of colleges to choose from, including a number of 4-year universities, public and private, as well as 2-year community colleges for prospective students. Using data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), we compare and contrast the traditional schools in the area.
Closest Schools to Woodbridge, Virginia
The closest schools to Woodbridge are largely private institutions. Students can find several 2-year (or less) or 4-year schools near downtown.
- Strayer University-Woodbridge Campus (4.1 miles from downtown)
- Northern Virginia Community College (14.2 miles from downtown)
- George Mason University (14.7 miles from downtown)
- Stratford University (14.7 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Woodbridge, Virginia
The Woodbridge area offers a wide range of differently sized schools. Most of the larger schools offer undergraduate and graduate level degrees, though the largest school of all is a community college.
- Northern Virginia Community College (50,929 students)
- George Mason University (37,316 students)
- Strayer University-Virginia (5,520 students)
- Marymount University (3,418 students)
- Stratford University (2,096 students)
Lowest Net Price
The lowest net price for all schools (traditional and specialty) in the Woodbridge area ranged from about $9,000-$20,000 in 2018-2019, per NCES. The net price is a result of subtracting the average institutional or government aid for a full-time undergraduate from the cost of attendance.
- Northern Virginia Community College ($9,440)
- Columbia College ($9,478)
- George Mason University ($20,157)
- Stratford University ($14,339)
Highest Graduation Rates
The graduation rates for the area tend to be greater than 50%, but most traditional schools fell below this mark for 2018, according to the NCES. The rates were based on full-time undergraduate students who enrolled in a 4-year school in 2013 and graduated within 150% of normal graduation time, which is six years for a bachelor's degree.
- George Mason University (71% graduation rate)
- Columbia College (64% graduation rate)
- Marymount University (58% graduation rate)
- Stratford University (61% graduation rate)
The Woodbridge, VA, area is home to private and public schools that offer students an array of graduation rates, prices, sizes, and locations to meet their needs.