The Maumee area offers a variety of post-secondary institutions, including 4-year universities and 2-year colleges. You can choose from among them by looking at the information provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) concerning schools' proximity, student populations, net prices, and graduation rates.
Closest Schools to Maumee, Ohio
The top five traditional schools nearest Maumee, Ohio are located within 14 miles of the city. They all offer certificate and undergraduate programs. One of the institutions included in the list is a state university.
- Owens Community College (4.2 miles)
- University of Toledo (7.2 miles)
- Davis College (8.9 miles)
- Lourdes University (9.4 miles)
- Bowling Green State University-Main Campus (14.0 miles)
Largest Schools Near Maumee, Ohio
In Fall 2018, three out of the five traditional schools with the largest student populations in Maumee, Ohio, were public institutions. Total student enrollment numbers for all schools in the area ranged from about 200 to more than 20,000.
- University of Toledo (20,237 students: 16,065 undergraduates)
- Bowling Green State University-Main Campus (17,540 students: 14,858 undergraduates)
- Owens Community College (9,460 students: all undergraduates)
- Lourdes University (1,444 students: 1,085 undergraduates)
- Davis College (71 students: all undergraduates)
Lowest Net Price
By taking the total annual cost of attendance for a school and subtracting the average amount of financial aid awarded to full-time undergraduate students, the NCES is able to determine the average net price for a school. Per the NCES, the following five schools had the lowest net prices in 2018-2019 among the traditional universities and colleges near Maumee.
- Owens Community College ($7,647)
- Bowling Green State University-Main Campus ($17,427)
- University of Toledo ($17,822)
- Lourdes University ($19,293)
- Davis College ($25,557)
Highest Graduation Rates
When the NCES determines overall graduation rates for schools, it looks at the full-time undergraduate students who finished within 150% of the normal time for their program. In 2019, the traditional schools with the highest graduation rates in the Maumee region included:
- Bowling Green State University-Main Campus (61%)
- University of Toledo (50%)
- Lourdes University (36%)
- Owens Community College (22%)
- Davis College (17%)
You have several school options if you intend to study near Maumee, Ohio, and the information presented here from the NCES can guide you in your search.