The greater Broadview Heights, OH, area includes quite a range of postsecondary training options, from 4-year public colleges and technical schools to art institutes and private universities. To help would-be students make the best academic choice, we cite the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to compare the traditional schools in the area.
Closest Schools to Broadview Heights, Ohio
The closest schools to Broadview Heights are primarily 2-year (or less) institutions. The majority of the closest schools also happen to be private institutions. All of the schools listed below are within 11 miles of the downtown area.
- Bryant & Stratton College-Parma (6.8 miles from downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-Strongsville (7 miles from downtown)
- Baldwin Wallace University (10.1 miles from downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-Warrensville Heights (10.6 miles from downtown)
- South University-Cleveland (10.6 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Broadview Heights, Ohio
The largest schools near Broadview Heights include a couple of community colleges. Several of the larger 4-year schools nearby offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs. These enrollment numbers are for all students registered for classes in fall 2018.
- Kent State University at Kent (28,122 students)
- Cuyahoga Community College District (23,440 students)
- University of Akron Main Campus (18,731 students)
- Cleveland State University (16,069 students)
- Lorain County Community College (10,644 students)
Lowest Net Price
To reach the average net price of a school, the NCES takes the average attendance cost for a year and subtracts from it the average amount of financial aid a full-time undergrad student receives. For the 2018-2019 academic year, community colleges in the area tended to have lower net prices than other traditional schools.
- Lorain County Community College ($3,135)
- Cuyahoga Community College District ($4,722)
- Bryant & Stratton College-Parma ($15,263)
- Cleveland State University ($16,219)
- Ursuline College ($17,562)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES looks at the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who graduate from their programs within 150% of the standard time for the program when determining the graduation rates. As reported by the NCES for 2019, all schools in the area (including specialty schools) had rates that ranged from 6% to 84%.
- Case Western Reserve University (84% graduation rate)
- John Carroll University (76% graduation rate)
- Baldwin Wallace University (65% graduation rate)
- Kent State University at Kent (62% graduation rate)
- Ursuline College (53% graduation rate)
The Broadview Heights, OH, area is home to a plethora of 2-year and 4-year traditional institutions that offer a very diverse range of locations, sizes, prices, and graduation rates.